THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WILL HELP YOU PLAN FOR THE
2007-2008 SCHOOL YEAR AT
1. Buses will pick students up on Friday, August 17, 2007 at
Wal-Mart at 1:30 p.m.
(Day Light Savings Time)
2. The Dorm will open at 4:00 p.m., on August 17th. If you are arriving by your own
transportation, an adult must stay with you to check you in. But please be aware that the dorm will not be open until 4:00 p.m. on August 17th.
3. School begins on Monday, August 20, 2007.
4. We suggest that you do not bring all of your personal belongings on the first trip. Travel light. Students will be going home for Fall Recess on October 29th & 30th, and then you should have a good idea of the extra things you want to bring.
5. If you are a 10th – 12th grader who is coming to
6. Please take care of all health needs before you get here. A current physical is required for all new students. If you do not have this done, try to have this completed before the 17th. If not, you can get a physical here in
7. You are responsible to provide items for your personal hygiene: Soap, shampoo, laundry
detergent, deodorant, toothpaste, tooth brush, lotion, wash clothes, towels, etc. We also suggest that you bring a pair of flip-flops/slippers for the showers. This will prevent any problems with athlete’s foot.
8. Do not bring a lot of cash or keep a lot of cash with you. We have a safe at the Dorm for
your use and stress the importance of using it to store cash. You can also use the local
9. Bring your own pillow if you use one. Also, two sets of sheets to fit a bunk-bed mattress (40×70 inches) and a blanket/comforter.
10. You will need to provide for school related needs – pens, pencils, notebooks, gym clothing, etc.
11. Please bring two padlocks. They can be key lock or combination.
12. Student use of the office telephone is limited. It would be to your advantage to purchase a Phone Card.
13. Space is limited. Travel light the first time. See where you will be living and plan
with your new roommates before you bring a lot of personal equipment.
14. Please review the enclosed Student Handbook and enclosed Contracts with your parents. RETURN FORMS BY FRIDAY, AUGUST 3rd
DO NOT RETURN THE STUDENT HANDBOOK – ALL WE NEED ARE THE SIGNED FORMS.
15. Our program is full on both wings and we have several students on the waiting list. If we do not hear from you on or before August 3rd, we will remove you from the list and fill your spot with a student on the waiting list.
SPECIAL NOTE: Student dress and grooming standards are listed in the Student Handbook (Page #11). You will be required to meet those standards and should plan to bring only those clothes and accessories that do so.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call. We look forward to seeing you on August 17th.